Monday 16 July 2012

2. Dogs. (actually dog owners) (more accurately, inconsiderate dog owners)

I've been prompted to jump to the dog owners section because of Willoughby.

Willoughby is an English setter that was taking it's owners for a walk down Wyming Brook on Saturday14th July 2012. Wyming Brook is a Sheffield Wildlife Trust nature reserve, it should be a place of tranquility but on Saturday14th July 2012 all I could hear was WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! -loud whistle-WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!!-another loud whistle-WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! etc....

So why was Willoughby allowed to run a mock in the nesting season in a nature reserve? Because his owners are rubbish at training dogs and have little or no respect for their fellow walkers or the natural world - that's why.

Now don't think I'm having a go at dogs, I'm actually quite a softy when it comes to dogs and there are many dogs I've enjoyed/enjoy being around, here's some I can remember: Asprula, Lulu, Blue, Bonnie, Beavor, PJ, Jasper, Pickle, Fly, Marsco; but here's the thing, I chose to be round those dogs and if I hadn't, I wouldn't expect to have to defend myself from them leaping up at me as I did with WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!!!

Before I continue, here's me with a dog:


OK here's the list of stuff that you dog owners do that I don't like:

1. Shouting an out of control dog e.g. WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! WILLOUGHBY!!! - If you can't control your dog, put it on a lead.

2. Assuming I want your dog's wet nose in my crotch, I don't.

3. Letting your dog crap on a thoroughfare without cleaning it up.

4. Cleaning up your dog's crap and then hanging it in a tree in a sealed bag so it stays there for the next 5 years.

5. Letting your gangster dog run around in a children's playground - You really are a moron!

6. Saying to the press after your dog has mutilated a child "he was such a lovely dog, he never attacked anyone before"

7. Letting your dog bark all night (actually anytime, it's really annoying)

8. Letting your dog sit on a chair in a pub - Even saw one one a table once!

9. Complaining you're short of money/drawing welfare while owning a dog.

My solution:

Re-introduce dog licencing; same cost as a TV licence. All dogs to be chipped. Any dog found stray to be put down or returned to the owner. Owner to be charged for cost of recovery or termination. Dogs causing a nuisance by barking to be destroyed at cost to owner. All owners to go on a dog training and education course.

Here's some links:

Attacks on guide dogs hit new high, says charity



Swindon toddler mauled in dog attack



Dog attacks (Don't look here if you're squeamish.)

Here's a list of birds that nest on or close the ground and will desert their chicks (which will then starve to death) if your dog runs around the countryside from March to August.

Grouse, pheasant, partridge, wood warbler, short eared owl, nightjar, skylark, meadow pippit, lapwing, curlew, dunlin, ducks, egrets, moorhen, coot, blackbird, song thrush, harriers, gulls, terns, little ringed plovers, oystercatchers etc etc etc........








No comments:

Post a Comment